This is the list of stories which prompted me to create this community. Every time I read one of these stories, I was prompted to comment to the creator: this is exactly the sort of story the movie left me wanting.
- What We Don't Talk About by ellen_fremedon: Spock has new obligations with which Uhura can't compete.
- Necessity by iulia_linnea: Grief shared is grief eased; Spock has learned this lesson amongst humans, and amongst humans, he will remain.
- Precious Things series by haearnmouse: Stories about the rebuilding efforts involving Humans, Vulcans, and another survivor
- The Unveiled Secret by laurajv: A conversation between Spock Prime and Sarek
- The Word for World Is-- by laurajv: Humans would've named the planet New Earth and the places things like New Africa or New Russia. Vulcans did no such thing; they named the planet Vik: the well in the desert. They named the continents Ashv'cezh, Laktra, and Vrekasht: Revenge, Grief, and Outcast.